Wednesday 19 March 2014

Luck Of The Irish

Hello all and welcome to my first post! They might be a teensy bit late but I wanna share my St Patrick’s day nails. For this mani I used Barry M’s Gold Foil and Gold Glitter polishes and Mermaid’s Tail a polish I mixed by myself.
I really wish I could get a better photo of the polish itself because this is one of my absolute favourites! It’s a deep hunter green jelly pine green full of tiny yellow and ocassionally blue glitter that looks amazing in person.
Though I’ve been building up a huge collection of nail plates I was shocked to find none of them had any clover images so I had a go at making some myself with a small dotting tool. I think they came out pretty well for my first time!
For the thumb I painted a little bit of sparse over Mermaid’s Tail, then used the gold foil polish to stamp a celtic looking design from MoYou’s Suki 04 plate. It’s a good thing I just trimmed my nails as the designs aren’t that big!
I really struggled capturing how pretty it is with my camera but hopefully with a little practice I’ll be taking photos like the pros. It would probably help if I saved up for a totally pro camera too!
After a day of sewing and working with my hands it seems my right hand was a bit unlucky! Don’t you hate it when you spend ages on your nails and they chip so inconsiderately? Oh well, better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment